Merchants Auto – Hooksett, NH
Merchants Auto is seeking applicants for their new Automotive Technician Apprenticeship Program. This entry-level position, ideal for those with a passion for cars looking to gain automotive experience while getting a no-cost education. Duties include performing express maintenance services such as oil changes, tire rotations, fluid changes, assisting mechanics and maintaining shop appearance.
This program combines practical on-the-job training and classroom learning, allowing apprentices to learn the necessary skills for an entry-level technician position from highly skilled tradespeople. The apprenticeship provides a practical pathway to an in-demand career, providing wage increases as you meet milestones along the way.
About the Program:
- Minimum age 17
- The program includes paid on-the-job training with a mentor
- A combination of related classroom learning provided by colleges within the Community College System of NH
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will continue your employment with Merchants Auto and be issued a Certificate of Completion by the U.S. Department of Labor
The Skills You Bring:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written format
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to “think on your feet”
- Ability to work with basic automotive hand tools including air tools
- Knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Physically able to get into and out of vehicles
- Working with hands overhead for several minutes at a time – frequently
For more information and to apply, click here.