Employer: The Edgewood Centre – Portsmouth, NH
Length of Apprenticeship: One year, which provides a minimum of 2,000 hours of on-the-job training. Also included is a minimum of 144 hours of employer-paid related instruction provided by Manchester Community College.
About this Program:
- Participants in the apprenticeship are full-time, benefited employees of the Edgewood Centre from the start of the program.
- May be eligible for grant funding for support services such as transportation, supplies, etc.
- Receive pay increases as they meet milestones throughout the program.
- At completion, participants earn a National Occupational Credential through the Department of Labor.
- At completion, participants will be prepared to sit for the state certification examination and submit their Board of Nursing LNA license application.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to on-the-job training and related instruction.
- There is a physical requirement of standing statically and dynamically for prolonged periods when providing care at the bedside and during bathing, and other job functions. Lifts, moves, and transfers residents of all sizes and levels of cognitive and physical abilities, i.e. bed, wheelchair, geri-chair, car, company vehicles, and shower chair. Requests assistance for these tasks as good judgment warrants it. Lifts and moves receptacle for linens, briefs, and trash. Stoops, bends, and turns, often while carrying loads of varying sizes and weights. Repositions residents in bed, wheelchair, geri-chair, etc. as appropriate, using proper technique.
- Candidate must pass the LNA exam before on-the job learning begins.
- Candidate must pass the following:
– Physical exam
– Tuberculosis (TB) test
– NH Criminal background check
– Office of Inspector General (OIG) check
– Sex Offender background check
– 6-panel drug screening
Starting Salary: $ 11.00 per hour with guaranteed pay increases. At the completion of the program, apprentices will be paid $13.80 per hour.
Program Start: Starting soon so apply now!
To Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume to us at: [email protected] Note “the Edgewood Centre” in the subject line.