Employer: Arch Medical Solutions – Seabrook
Length of Apprenticeship: two years, including 5 classes at Great Bay Community College. Apprentices will be paid for time spent on-the-job and in class.
Starting wage: $12.50/hr, with progressively increasing wages as you gain skills. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the individual will make $18.00/hr.
Classes start: January 2019, exact dates and times are TBD.
To operate and set-up CNC Machines to support medical device manufacturing. The Apprentice Level 1 machinist will be trained through a combination of hands-on mentor-ship and related classroom training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To become proficient with the operation of one or more of the following machines: Milling, Lathe, CNC Swiss (Citizen, Tsugami), EDM (Ram or Wire).
- Develop a basic understanding of CNC machine tool configurations, function and technologies
- Operate and set-up CNC machines within the assigned department
- In addition to running machines, the Machinist will inspect parts completed during the production process to monitor dimensional attributes and visual quality.
- Follow the instructions on the Process sheet, Drawings and/or Programs
- Work with other team members and monitor all aspects of machining.
- Interface/communicate with Quality, Engineering and other team members as needed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform daily equipment upkeep and maintenance checklist (fluids and lubricants)
- Responsible for assuring that assigned activities are performed in accordance with Seabrook Quality System procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Related manufacturing experience not required however beneficial
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Positive attitude and willing to contribute to a team oriented environment a must
- Ability to follow instructions/directions and pay attention to details a must
- Ability or desire to learn how to read and interpret machined part drawings and specifications
- Ability and desire to learn how to change cutting tools and offsets
- Light to moderate physical exertion required
- Lifting/carrying Maximum: 50 lbs
- Frequent lbs: 1-10
- Regularly required to stand, reach and move about the facility
About Seabrook Medical:
Seabrook Medical is a leading contract manufacturer of highly-engineered precision instruments, implants, and other devices primarily for the orthopaedic implant industry.
Headquartered in Seabrook, New Hampshire and founded in 1973, Seabrook Medical has over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space operating seven days per week. This capacity allows us to offer a variety of supply-chain services for lead-time improvement and to assist with inventory management for many of our customers.
To apply: Please email [email protected] and use the subject line: “Seabrook CMC Machinist”.