About the LNA Apprenticeship:
- Upon hire, apprentices are a full time Elliot employee, earning a wage and benefits while attending college.
- Elliot pays for 100% tuition of the licensed nursing assistant (LNA) course through Manchester Community College (MCC).
- Once you obtain your NH LNA license, you will be placed seamlessly into one of Elliot’s current full-time LNA open positions.
- Apprentices may be eligible for additional grant funding for support services like transportation, supplies, etc.
- Receive pay increases as they meet milestones throughout the program.
The program consists of:
- A six week program of 120 hours of online and classroom instruction at Manchester Community College, 24 hours of hands-on lab experiences, and 60 hours of clinical practicum within Elliot’s inpatient departments.
- Preparation and eligibility to obtain a New Hampshire Nursing Assistant License to practice as an LNA in the state.
- Placement into a full time open LNA position in one of the inpatient nursing departments once licensure has been issued (*availability of open positions at the time of completion of program will vary).
- Completion of 2,000 hours of on the job training experience with a mentor.
- Ability to attend and travel to class, lab and practicum assignments Monday–Friday at MCC for the first five weeks.
- Maintain a 95% classroom attendance rate, and 100% clinical attendance rate.
- Ability to complete homework and meet class deadlines as assigned during the classroom portion of the program.
- Ability to pay for any program related supplies and textbooks that may be required. This includes cost of licensure and cost of the background check for the Board of Nursing. Some additional grant funding is available if an applicant applies and qualifies – through ApprenticeshipNH and other resources to cover some of the additional expenses of the program.
- Be sure to visit Elliot Hospital’s website for additional requirements and application details;
Program start: October 24