Department: Workforce Development
Location: White Mountains Community College
Appointment Type: Contractor
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Workforce Development, performs technical training instruction in Certified Clinical Medical Assistant skill competencies as described by the course outline. Provides administrative support as required and participates in planning and coordinating student activities; participates in promoting the WMCC mission and initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Conducts classroom instruction using a variety of techniques and approaches —small group, individual training, etc.—on a daily basis.
- Develops and integrates skill competencies, goals and objectives into lesson plans; demonstrates effective teaching methods and techniques.
- Prepares written materials and handouts that are descriptive, well-organized and legible.
- Utilizes dynamic instructional approaches to engage all students in learning activities and may access multi-media tools to enhance training.
- Maintains a professional, well-organized and stimulating atmosphere in the classroom which is conducive to learning.
- Interacts with students, co-workers and supervisors in a positive, cooperative and professional manner, to demonstrate to students a model of expected behavior on the job. Manages student behavior in the classroom.
- Conducts individual advising sessions; motivates student toward greater achievement in skill work performance and in maintaining good attendance. Promotes “self-help” attitudes and positive self-images.
- Evaluates students’ progress in accordance with established standards and criteria.
- Plans and coordinates guest speakers and industry tours that enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Maintains confidential attendance records, student files, including progress reports that may be shared with sponsoring agents, complying with all federal and state laws regarding adherence to safeguards to protect confidential student data.
- Utilizes software programs to analyze, process, record, retrieve and verify statistical data and to prepare training materials.
- Maintains technical skill knowledge by completing continuing education courses in his/her subject area, classroom management or other courses related to teaching as required.
- Attends staff development trainings, as applicable.
- Maintains good organization in the classroom or other work areas and adheres to safety standards. Conducts regular inspections of designated work areas and equipment and reports any hazardous or unsafe working conditions to their supervisor or safety committee.
- Performs other program related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern technology and field related terminology.
- Ability to plan, implements, and evaluate effectiveness of training and achievement of program goals.
- Ability to demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures
- Knowledge of computer equipment operations and various software programs.
- Knowledge of current safety standards related to a medical office environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- WMCC Workforce Development employs instructors who possess the academic, experiential and professional qualifications to teach, including a minimum of a high school diploma (or its equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience, education and training in current practices of the subject area they are teaching or meets the equivalency of the minimum qualifications in the technical area of instruction.
- Experience working with persons of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification, NH Certified Medical Assistant
- Show proof of current vaccinations: Hepatitis B, MMR, TB and Tetanus.
- In the capacity of instructional lecturing duties, position requires standing, sitting, talking, walking, reaching, twisting, and turning.
- The hands-on technical demonstration also requires bending, grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard and other related office/classroom equipment.
- Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading reports and work related documents using a computer.
- The need to lift, sort and arrange records/files, paper, documents and equipment weighing up to 15 pounds.
White Mountains Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other non-merit factor is strictly prohibited.
For more information contact Tamara Roberge, Director of Workforce Development at [email protected]