Business & finance
Business and finance jobs and careers are abundant in New Hampshire. The High School ApprenticeshipNH program (ApprentishipNH-HS) has created a new avenue to gain the skills needed for these jobs through a unique program that enables high school students to earn while they learn through classroom learning and on-site, hands-on experience. Programs are designed through partnerships with high schools and businesses and the ApprentishipNH-HS staff are there to help formalize and launch these programs.
There has been a consistent demand for qualified business and finance employees across NH for decades. Customized training programs are built into a NH apprenticeship to help you develop and fine-tune the skills you need so you can fill in-demand jobs or advance within business and finance professions.
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
Having a skilled workforce with business and finance skills is critical in growing your NH business. The ApprenticeshipNH model is a proven way to increase productivity, boost employee retention, improve company culture and ensure knowledge transfer from top experienced professionals.
For High Schools
Use existing courses and work-based learning experiences to build pre-apprenticeship to registered apprenticeship opportunities that can serve as the foundation of a student’s career.
- Provide experienced-based and authentic learning experiences that lead to in-demand careers.
- Support a smooth transition from high school to both college and career options
- 29 business and finance programs at Career and Technical Education Centers across the state
A Registered Apprenticeship ensures that people will be successful on-the-job on day one.
Business and finance occupations
- Accounting specialist
- Administrative assistant
- Customs broker
- Energy auditor
- Facility manager
- Financial risk specialist
- Help desk technician
- Information assurance specialist
- IT generalist
- Legal secretary
- Management analyst
- Training and development specialist
Types of companies hiring business & finance employees
- Armed services
- Colleges or universities
- Construction companies
- Education services
- Federal, state and local government agencies
- Financial services companies
- Insurance companies
- IT companies
- Law firms
- Manufacturing companies
- Professional, scientific and technical service companies
- Small businesses