Construction & infrastructure
Careers in construction and infrastructure are some of the longest standing apprenticeships in the United States. The skills gained can open new opportunities within a company. Through ApprenticeshipNH, participants develop core skills that can be applied in a variety of professions at companies across the state. Employers gain a pool of skilled trades people that will ensure a pipeline to fill the jobs vacated by an aging workforce.
A Registered Apprenticeship ensures that people will be successful on-the-job on day one.
Careers in construction and infrastructure are some of the longest standing apprenticeships in the United States. The skills you gain can open new opportunities within a company. Upon completion of a Registered Apprenticeship, you will have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to build the career path that best suits you!
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
A skilled workforce is vitally important in growing construction businesses. Registered Apprenticeship is a proven way to increase productivity and employee retention, ensure knowledge transfer from your top professionals and improve company culture.
For High Schools
Use existing courses and work-based learning experiences to build or participate in pre-apprenticeship to registered apprenticeship opportunities that can serve as the foundation for a student’s career.
- Provide experienced-based and authentic learning experiences that lead to in-demand careers
- Support a smooth transition from high school to both college and career options
- The jobs are there – ex: 510 projected annual job openings in NH for Construction Laborer through 2028 and 160 projected annual job openings in NH for Construction Manager through 2028
Professions in construction & infrastructure
- Building inspector
- Civil drafter or engineer
- Construction laborer
- Diesel/heavy equipment mechanic
- Elevator constructor mechanic
- Heating and air conditioning mechanic and installer
- HVAC technician
- Surveying technician
- Utility technician
Types of companies hiring construction & infrastructure employees
- Construction management companies
- General contractors
- Land surveying companies
- Real estate developers
- State/municipal highway and transportation departments
- State/municipal planning and civil engineering boards
- Utility companies