New Hampshire’s healthcare landscape is full of opportunities to make a difference – and make a good living – while helping fellow citizens stay healthy. As an apprentice, you will be able to build your educational foundation in healthcare so you are ready to immediately make a difference in a healthcare setting.
Our state’s aging population and the constant advancements in medicine require that healthcare companies run as efficiently as possible. Registered Apprenticeship programs in Medical Assisting, Licensed Nursing Assistant, Medical Billing and more provide the New Hampshire healthcare industry the trained employees they need now and in the future.
Registered Apprenticeship ensures that on day one, employees will be successful on-the-job.
New Hampshire’s rapidly growing healthcare sector includes more than physicians and those who take care of patients. Behind the scenes, healthcare technicians create products and process services for a wide range of needs in one of the fastest-growing industries in the state. As a result, there are many options for creating NH healthcare apprenticeship programs.
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
Having a skilled workforce is critical for the growth of healthcare businesses. Apprenticeship has been proven to:
- Increase productivity
- Boost employee retention
- Improve company culture
- Ensure knowledge transfer from experienced professionals
For High Schools
Use existing courses and work-based learning experiences to build pre-apprenticeship to registered apprenticeship opportunities that can serve as the foundation for a student’s career.
- Provide experienced-based and authentic learning experiences that lead to in-demand careers.
- Support a smooth transition from high school to both college and career options.
- 23 health care programs Career and Technical Education Centers across the state
Professions in healthcare
- Dental assistants
- Dental laboratory technicians
- Emergency management directors
- Emergency medical technicians and paramedics
- Home health aides
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational nurses
- Medical and clinical laboratory technicians
- Medical and health services managers
- Medical appliance technicians
- Medical assistants
- Medical equipment preparers
- Medical records and health information technicians
- Nursing assistants
- Ophthalmic laboratory technicians
- Orthotists and prosthetists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Physical therapy aide
- Radiologic technologists
- Residential advisors
- Surgical technologists
- Veterinary assistants and laboratory animal caretakers
Types of companies hiring healthcare employees
- The armed services
- Colleges or universities
- Federal, state and local health departments
- Fitness centers
- Health clinics
- Health networks
- Home healthcare agencies
- Mental health institutions
- National Health Service Corps
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Physician offices
- Sports medicine facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
- Research laboratories
- Residential and nursing homes
- Sports facilities
- Veterinary clinics
- Vision care centers