Automotive technology education programs are one of the most popular offerings across the Community College System of NH (CCSNH). A long history of partnerships exists between major auto manufacturers and the colleges and building Registered Apprenticeship programs off these partnerships is a natural extension of current educational opportunities.
The automotive industry provides steady employment and employers in all corners of New Hampshire need qualified technicians. Apprentices earn while they are learning valuable skills while employers are training the technicians to their specifications.
A Registered Apprenticeship ensures that people will be successful on-the-job on day one.
There has been a consistent demand for qualified automotive technicians across NH. Customized training programs are built into an NH automotive technology apprenticeship to help you develop and fine-tune the skills you need so you can fill in-demand jobs or advance within the automotive profession.
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
Having a skilled workforce is critical in growing your NH automotive business. Apprenticeship is a proven way to increase productivity, boost employee retention, improve company culture and ensure knowledge transfer from top experienced professionals.
For High Schools
Use existing courses and work-based learning experiences to build or participate in pre-apprenticeship to registered apprenticeship opportunities that can serve as the foundation for a student’s career.
- Provide experienced-based and authentic learning experiences that lead to in-demand careers.
- Support a smooth transition from high school to both college and career options.
- 22 Automotive Technology programs at Career and Technical Education Centers across the state
Professions in automotive technology
- Automotive brake mechanic
- Automotive cooling system diagnostic technicians
- Auto body technician
- Automotive electrician
- Automotive lube technician
- Auto transmission specialist
- Commercial service tire technician
- Diesel mechanic
- Front end mechanic
- Fuel injection servicer
- Motor vehicle parts technician
- Off the road service technician
- Small engine repair technician
- Vehicle inspector
Types of companies hiring automotive technology employees
- Automobile dealerships
- Auto-leasing companies
- Auto repair shops
- Auto parts and service shops
- Pre-owned car sales companies
- Tire sales and service companies
- Small engine repair shops