The Granite State’s hospitality workforce makes possible the countless experiences that bring millions of people to New Hampshire each year. ApprenticeshipNH works with employers to address their workforce needs and develop programs that align with the 20+ available career tracks in NH’s seven community colleges.
With opportunities in every corner of the state, there’s a role in hospitality for anyone who would like to be part of a vibrant restaurant and nightlife scene, outdoor recreation community, or work in many other tourism and service-related jobs. The Granite State’s hospitality workforce makes possible the countless experiences that bring millions of people to New Hampshire each year.
Registered Apprenticeship ensures that on day one, employees will be successful on-the-job.
Hospitality and tourism encompass many different types of businesses, from restaurants and hotels to arts, sports and entertainment and recreation. Locals and visitors alike depend on this industry for building strong communities, enhancing cultural connections and serving the public interest. Through our NH hospitality apprenticeship program, you’ll hone your skills in business, customer relations, event planning or train as a chef or baker.
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
Having a skilled workforce is critical for the growth of hospitality businesses. Registered apprenticeship is a proven way to:
- Increase productivity
- Boost employee retention
- Improve company culture
- Ensure knowledge transfer from experienced professionals
For High Schools
Use existing courses and work-based learning experiences to build pre-apprenticeship to registered apprenticeship opportunities that can serve as the foundation for a student’s career.
- Provide experience-based and authentic learning experiences that lead to in-demand careers
- Support a smooth transition from high school to both college and career options
- The jobs are there – ex: 120 projected annual job openings in NH for chefs and head cooks through 2028 and 1,180 project annual job openings in NH for restaurant cooks through 2028
- Dan Fraser, owner and chief operating officer, Great NH Restaurants
Professions in hospitality
- Banquet/event manager
- Buildings and grounds supervisor
- Facilities manager
- Hotel associate
- Hotel, motel and resort desk clerk
- Housekeeping director
- Lodging manager
- Pastry chef
- Recreation assistant
- Restaurant manager
Types of companies hiring hospitality employees
- Amusement centers, theme parks and attractions
- Athletic teams and sports organizations
- Bed and breakfast facilities
- Catering companies
- Conference centers and banquet facilities
- Convention centers
- Country clubs
- Cruise companies
- Fitness facilities
- Large corporations
- Park systems
- Recreation centers
- RV parks
- Special event and festival organizations
- Sporting clubs
- State, federal and local government tourism offices
- Trade and professional associations
- Visitor bureaus