Information technology (IT)
Information technology, or IT, is an essential field that involves using computers to store, share, secure, analyze or transmit information or data. It is how employees communicate, solve problems and make advancements in other sectors possible. ApprenticeshipNH works with IT organizations across the state to make sure apprentices learn the essential skills that employers are looking for.
ApprenticeshipNH helps job seekers and employers fill workforce gaps in the IT sector that boasts some of the highest paying jobs in the state!
IT professionals handle far more than helpdesk calls. They are essential in designing and maintaining networks, analyzing information and enabling people and software to meet the needs of a diverse workforce with different levels of training and understanding. Whether you like computer programming or want to improve online buying processes, a NH IT apprenticeship sets you up for advancement and success.
Registered Apprenticeships are developing a new generation of workers to help our nation succeed in the 21st Century economy.
Having a skilled workforce is critical for the growth of your IT business. Registered Apprenticeship is a proven way to increase productivity and employee retention as well as improve company culture and ensure knowledge transfer from your top experienced professionals.
Registered Apprenticeship ensures that on day one, employees will be successful on-the-job.
Professions in information technology
- Application developer
- Communications-computer systems
- Communications-computer systems planning and implementation
- Computer peripheral equipment operator
- Computer programmer
- Database technician
- Help desk technician
- Information assurance specialist
- Information assurance technician
- Information management specialist
- Information security analysts
- Information technology specialist
- Internetworking technician
- E-Commerce specialist
- Network support technician
- Network and computer systems
- Information management
- Information technology generalist
Types of companies hiring information technology employees
Most areas of business, government and nongovernmental organizations, such as:
- Financial institutions
- CPA firms
- Insurance companies
- Consulting firms
- Computer companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Healthcare organizations
- Hotels and restaurants
- Entertainment companies
- Environmental management firms
- Education institutions
- City, state and federal government
- Consulting firms
Internet-related companies including those that focus on:
- Search engines
- Website design services
- Non-profit organizations
- Software, hardware and systems developers
- Technical service providers
- Web apps