Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriott Hotel & Spa – New Castle, NH
Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriott Hotel & Spa, blends classic style with 21st-century convenience. Our elegant rooms, suites and villas (most with water views) showcase luxury perks including spa services, indoor and outdoor pools and intimate dining – all providing a memorable backdrop for conferences, weddings, family vacations and romantic getaways.
About the Program:
- This registered apprenticeship program is three years and includes 6,000 hours of paid on-the-job training and 478 hours of related coursework through the Community College System of New Hampshire.
- Each Apprentice will be paired with a Chef-mentor who will support them through each stage of the program. This opportunity enables individuals to begin a new career in the culinary industry – completing coursework and developing new skills while receiving a paycheck.
- This is a competency-based apprenticeship with progressive pay wage increases over the course of the program.
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants continue their employment with Wentworth by the Sea as a fully qualified Line Cook 3, and earn a national occupational credential from the US Department of Labor.
Daily activities of Cook Apprentices include tasks designed to learn and master the following topics:
- Ingredients and cooking preparations
- Preparation of soups, salads, dressings and sauces
- Preparation of appetizers and relishes
- Preparation of a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees
- Preparation of desserts
- Expediting orders with multiple dishes
- Purchasing and menu planning
- Proper food storage and sanitation
- Large batch cooking/banquet cooking
- Chef’s Bar/wood-fired oven cooking
- Food allergy cooking
Requirements and Benefits:
- Successful Cook Apprentices will be motivated with an eye for detail, a high sense of team spirit and pride and the drive and desire to not just meet, but exceed guest’s expectations. Customer service skills are also important to represent the hotel professionally through all interactions.
- We offer a positive, team-oriented work environment with competitive earnings and benefit options including: insurance (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life, wellness rewards, employee assistance program), 401(k), paid time off, hotel room discounts world-wide, free parking, and employee shift meal.
- We also offer opportunities for growth and advancement at our location as well as over 100 sister properties.
Equal Opportunity Pledge – 29 CFR §§ 29.5(b)(21) and 30.3(c)(1)
Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriott Hotel and Spa, will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40-years old or older.
Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriott Hotel and Spa, will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.