Length of Apprenticeship: one year, including 144 hours of classroom instruction at Great Bay Community College.
Starting wage: $12.00/hr, with progressively increasing wages. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the individual will make $13.00/hr with an opportunity to receive higher hourly wages during “high demand” shifts.
Classes start: January 16, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Part-time and full-time work may be available.
Objective: To provide professional care giving services and to help clients maintain their independence and to assist them with the activities of daily living and household and family support services.
Reports to: Client Service Manager
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping
- Household management
- Walking assistance
- Eating assistance
- Transportation using clients/caregivers vehicle
- Meal planning and preparation
- Laundry and linen changing
- Bathing assistance
- Dressing assistance
- Medication reminders
- Monitor Alzheimer’s & Dementia clients
In sleep-over or live in situations:
- Assist client to and from bed
- Assist client throughout the night
- Pass recurring 30-day skills assessment and client review with Client Service Manager.
- Document activities in the Care Plan Book daily (if applicable).
- Record daily hours worked and daily services performed using the mobile/telephony application at the beginning and ending of every shift.
- Report any significant client changes to the office immediately.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Senior Helpers Employee Handbook and Training Manual.
- Appropriate training and designation to provide Home Health Aide services and ability to pass the skills assessment by the Client Service Manager within 30 days of job offer.
- Ability to treat clients with dignity and respect.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English at an average adult level.
- Ability to drive or use public transportation to get to work.
- Valid driver’s license with no serious driving violations.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Pass a criminal background check prior to employment with Senior Helpers.
To apply: Please email [email protected] and use the subject line: “Senior Helpers Home Health Aide”.