Employer: Lamprey Healthcare – Raymond, Nashua and Newmarket, NH
Length of Apprenticeship: Approximately two years, which includes 3600 hours of on-the-job training with a mentor and a minimum of 480 hours of classroom instruction at Great Bay Community College (GBCC).
About the Program:
- Apprentices are paid an hourly wage while training and during the related classwork instruction time
- The Medical Assistant training program includes of 8 weeks of classroom training with Great Bay Community College (GBCC) and 4 weeks of a clinical internship with Lamprey Healthcare
- Employer-paid tuition
- Grant funding are available to qualified candidates for fees, expenses and supplies
- Successful completion of the program will require passing a final exam and demonstrating competency in selected skills. The clinical component includes four weeks of training under the direct supervision and responsibility of a preceptor/liaison
- Selected candidate must commit to 40 hours a week of a combination of classroom and on-line education for eight weeks. Program graduates will be prepared to work as Medical Assistant in a Lamprey Healthcare practice; Raymond, Nashua or Newmarket, NH.
For more information and to apply, click here!