Employer: Catholic Medical Center (CMC), Manchester NH
About the Medical Assistant (MA) Apprenticeship:
- Tuition is covered for each apprentice
- Participants in the apprenticeship are full-time, benefited CMC employees from the start of the program.
- Candidates are paid during classroom instruction, and may be eligible for additional funding for support services like transportation, supplies, etc.
- Receive pay increases as they meet milestones throughout the program.
- Completion of the apprenticeship earns participants a National Occupational Credential through the Department of Labor.
The program consists of:
- 10 weeks of full-time classroom instruction at Manchester Community College (MCC) and 160 hours of clinical practicum within CMC’s Primary Care or specialty medical office practices.
- Completion of 3,600 on-the-job training hours with a mentor.
- Preparation for participants to be eligible to sit for the National Health career Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination.
- Preparation for candidates to practice as a MA in a full-time position in either a CMC Primary Care or specialty care medical office (*availability of open positions at the time of completion of program will vary).
- Ability to attend class Monday–Friday eight hours/day at Manchester Community College for eight weeks
- Ability to complete homework and meet class deadlines as assigned during the classroom portion of the program
- Ability to attend practicum Monday–Friday eight hours/day at assigned CMC primary care or specialty medical office practices for four weeks
- Be sure to check CMC’s website for application details, and to access their online application – click to apply.
Program Start Date: January 2023
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Questions? Please contact CMC’s Human Resources Department at 603.663.6793 or firstname.lastname@example.org