Employer: Core Physicians – Exeter, NH
Length of Apprenticeship: Approximately two years, which includes 3600 hours of on-the-job training with a mentor and a minimum of 480 hours of classroom instruction at Great Bay Community College (GBCC).
About the Program:
- Apprentices are paid an hourly wage while training and during the related classwork instruction time.
- The Medical Assistant training program includes of eight weeks of classroom training with Great Bay Community College and four weeks of a clinical internship with Core Physicians.
- Tuition costs will be shared between Core Physicians and the apprentice.
- Successful completion of the program will require passing a final exam and demonstrating competency in selected skills. The clinical component includes four weeks of training under the direct supervision and responsibility of a preceptor/liaison.
- Selected candidate must commit to 40 hours a week of a combination of classroom and on-line education for eight weeks. Program graduates will be prepared to work as Medical Assistant in a Core Physician’s practice for a minimum of two years.
- PREREQUISITE: Candidates must complete WorkReadyNH prior to applying for this position. WorkReadyNH is a tuition-free program. For a listing of WorkReadyNH classes and to register, click here.
Program Start Date: September 27, 2021 – note: Candidates must complete WorkReadyNH prior to applying for this position. WorkReadyNH is a tuition-free program. For a listing of WorkReadyNH classes and to register for a session click here.
To apply, visit Core Physician’s website for more information and to apply online click here