Employer: AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions, located in Salem NH.
Length of Apprenticeship: Approximately two years, including 4,000 hours of paid on-the-job training plus 288 hours of classroom instruction time at Manchester Community College (MCC). Apprentices will receive college credit for courses successfully completed, and credits can be used towards a degree at the college.
Position & Program Overview: Medical billing is one of the fastest growing careers today. If you are looking for a way to get started in this industry, this apprenticeship can provide you with the foundation you need. The Medical Billing Specialist Apprenticeship is designed to provide you an understanding of the billing, denial management and payment processing procedures associated with medical claims.
- Apprentices will participate in four six-month rotation assignments as part of on-the-job training, covering different aspects of medical billing such as payment posting, denial management, customer service/call center, and charge entry.
- Employer-paid tuition for selected credit-bearing Medical Billing courses at MCC.
- Participants are eligible for comprehensive employee benefits package including health insurance, generous paid time off and more!
- Participants will be awarded a National Certificate for Medical Billing at completion of the program.
- At the completion of the program, participants continue their employment with AdvantEdge as a fully-qualified Medical Billing Specialist.
Program Start: FILLED
Starting Wage: A minimum of $11.00 per hour to start, with guaranteed pay increases over the course of the apprenticeship. At the completion of the program apprentices will make $13.50 per hour.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this opportunity, email your current resume to AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions at: [email protected]. Be sure to note “Medical Biller Apprenticeship” in the subject line.