Position at Cobham Aerospace
Length of Apprenticeship: one year and eight months, including 228 hours of classroom instruction at Great Bay Community College.
Starting wage: $13.00/hr, with progressively increasing wages as you gain skills. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the individual will make $15.00/hr.
Classes start: July 2018, exact dates and times are TBD.
The Production Technician will straighten and fit waveguide assemblies to fixtures using hand tools and measuring equipment. They will be following drawings and process sheets along with verbal instructions in order to meet the product requirements. The documentation and quality requirements will be followed by using written and electronic documentation.
- Form and fit waveguide components to standard fixtures and gauges.
- Document results by completing reports and logs.
- Measure components using Dial Indicators and Height Stands, inspecting assemblies to process requirements.
- Ability to move aluminum waveguide components in a soft state before they are heat-treated to the final temper.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with company regulations.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Good basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship
- Fit assembly parts onto fixtures and gauges following verbal and written instructions.
- This includes using light hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Mechanical hand-eye coordination and good basic math skills are required.
- Knowledge and use of inspection equipment such as Vernier calipers and height gages is a plus but not required, but must be willing and able to learn.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery, and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. CAES Lansdale manufactures custom microwave antennas and components supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
To apply: Please email [email protected] and use the subject line: “Cobham Production Technician”.