Employer: Cobham Exeter, Inc. (CAES) – Exeter, NH
CAES is a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. CAES builds things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. They serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
About the Program:
- The length of the program is two years, which includes a minimum of 4,000 hours of on the job training and 288 hours of related instruction provided by Great Bay Community College (GBCC)
- Receive a progressive pay wage throughout the program as milestones are met
- Following successful completion of the program, apprentices will continue their employment with CAES as fully qualified Production Test Technicians
The Test Technician performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. The Test Technician determines and may develop test specifications, methods, and procedures from blueprints, drawings, and diagrams. This position may complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Testing and tuning of low pass, band pass, and diplexed waveguide filters and assemblies in X and Ku band.
- Filters, tests, and tunes other waveguide and coaxial components including transitions, couplers, bends, pressure widows, circulators, switches, and low noise amplifiers.
- Some manual assembly operations are required as part of the test function to include using various conductive and non-conductive epoxies to install loads, tuning element’s, and end caps.
FILLED – October, 2021